I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and what better way to end it than with a family dinner, right?
Tonight we made fish tacos with black beans and rice, modified from the All Recipes’ fish tacos. We modified the recipe to serve four but if you have more mouths to fill, you can modify this recipe using a recipe calculator to fit your needs. And to top it all off, we were able to eat outside on this gorgeous evening.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 (6 ounce) package of whole grain corn tortillas
- ¼ of a medium head cabbage
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 pound tilapia fillets cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions (I used a box of frozen tilapia from Cosco and cut the pieces into chunks after being cooked)
- Salt and cracked pepper
- ¾ lime, zest and juiced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ lime, juiced
- ½ poblano pepper, minced (you can use a jalapeno pepper if you want it more spicy)
- ½ teaspoon minced capers
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Fresh salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a glassware pan with cooking spray
- To marinate the fish coat with cooking spray and place in pan. Generously salt on both sides (too get rid of fishy taste), sprinkle on little cracked pepper, ¾ lime zest, and ¾ lime juice on top
- Bake fish for about 20 minutes
4. Slice cabbage into thin slices and break apart to make fine shreds
5. To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with poblano, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne… and I mixed in some fresh salsa.
6. To serve, place fish in tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce
I served this with black beans and rice on the side.
Hope you enjoy, it’s definitely worth giving a try… and surprisingly not that hard to make.